Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's Time to Add Some Chlorine to the Gene Pool!

First let me say this has absolutely nothing to do with photography. I just had an encounter that continues to boggle my mind. I was fueling up my car and was downwind of a local fast food establishment. The smell of french fries filled the air and the craving kicked in. It's been quite some time since I have had any junk food and thought to myself "what the heck". I pulled up to the drive-through and clearly said, "One large order of fries please". The girl on the other end of the piece-of-crap intercom system said....and I'm not joking..."Would you like fries with that?".

I was dumbfounded! At first I thought she was kidding, but could tell by her tone that she wasn't. The question gave me pause for a split second. If I said "Yes", would I get TWO orders of fries? If I said "No", would I get an empty bag? I chose to simply repeat my order hoping that she could understand what I was saying (again through the piece-of-crap intercom).

Our communication issues resolved, I was instructed to pull around to the first window. I couldn't resist...now it was my turn to play with what little mind she had. "Which is the first window?", I asked. A looooong pause...and then she replied, "The first one you come to".

I'm just glad the cash register tells her how much change to give back.

/Rant

2 comments:

  1. This brightened my day! Very descriptive rant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very descriptive rant! This brightened my day :-)

    ReplyDelete