Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's Time to Add Some Chlorine to the Gene Pool!

First let me say this has absolutely nothing to do with photography. I just had an encounter that continues to boggle my mind. I was fueling up my car and was downwind of a local fast food establishment. The smell of french fries filled the air and the craving kicked in. It's been quite some time since I have had any junk food and thought to myself "what the heck". I pulled up to the drive-through and clearly said, "One large order of fries please". The girl on the other end of the piece-of-crap intercom system said....and I'm not joking..."Would you like fries with that?".

I was dumbfounded! At first I thought she was kidding, but could tell by her tone that she wasn't. The question gave me pause for a split second. If I said "Yes", would I get TWO orders of fries? If I said "No", would I get an empty bag? I chose to simply repeat my order hoping that she could understand what I was saying (again through the piece-of-crap intercom).

Our communication issues resolved, I was instructed to pull around to the first window. I couldn't it was my turn to play with what little mind she had. "Which is the first window?", I asked. A looooong pause...and then she replied, "The first one you come to".

I'm just glad the cash register tells her how much change to give back.



  1. This brightened my day! Very descriptive rant :-)

  2. very descriptive rant! This brightened my day :-)